Legal Documents Required
In order for the Public Notary to draw up a Contract of Sale, he / she will need the following documents by the seller :
- The existing property titles, along with the Certificate from the Registry of Mortgages and E9-form from the Tax Declaration.
- Topographic Plan in case of a piece of land or plot and additionally Floor plans in case of a building included in the assets for sale.
- Cadastral Extract from the Land Registry, if the property is located in a region where there is a Land Register.
- Certificate by a Civil Engineer, stating that the property, which is about to be sold or transferred in any legal way, is in accordance with the relevant planning permission or other legal floor plans accompanying this property.
- Tax Registry Number (AFM) and other personal information.
- A Certificate from the Tax Office and the Greek national insurance (I.K.A.), that the seller does not owe money.
- A Certificate from the Municipality in which the property is located, that the property does not “owe” any taxes or duties according to Greek Law.
- Power of Attorney in cases where the seller is not present.
- Representing lawyer.
- Additional documentation for other special reasons.
- According to the 4178/13 Law, a Certificate by a civil engineer is required, stating that the property, which is about to be sold or transferred in any legal way, is in accordance with the relevant planning permission or other legal floor plans. In the case that arbitrary constructions have been executed or arbitrary uses have been installed, then it should be proven that they have been settled through proper applications to the Planning Department and any fees or fines, which may have been imposed on the property, have been paid. No official contract is can be drawn up without such a written and detailed certification, issued by an engineer.
- In case that the property is a building over 50 square metres, then an Energy Performance Certificate is required in order to proceed to the Purchase Contract. This Certificate is provided by a relevantly certified E
Inheritance Tax :
There may be Inheritance Tax to be paid on the property. Such taxes have 3 scales and are calculated on the Objective Value of the property, when necessary.
Real Estate Agent’s Commission :
The seller pays to the Real Estate Agent a Commission, which is mutually agreed between them from the very beginning.
For more information, please contact us.