click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Advanced Search
More Search Options
We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search
More Search Options
we found 0 results
Your search results


Tobacco and Alcohol


When travelling between EU-Member Countries, you can take tobacco and alcohol products with you for personal use, but not for resale.

Under EU law, you do not have to prove the goods are for your personal use if you are carrying less than:

  • 800 cigarettes
  • 400 cigarillos
  • 200 cigars
  • 1 kilo of tobacco
  • 10 litres of spirits
  • 20 litres of fortified wine
  • 90 litres of wine (including a maximum of 60 litres of sparkling wines)
  • 110 litres of beer.

EU countries may limit the number of cigarettes you can bring with you from certain other EU countries which do not yet charge the minimum level of excise duty. This limit cannot be lower than 300 cigarettes.

Please check with the customs authorities of the country where you are going before you travel.

If you are carrying more tobacco or alcohol than the amounts automatically allowed for personal use, you may be asked :

  • to prove that they are for your personal use
  • to produce proof of purchase (receipt or invoice).

If you are travelling with tobacco or alcohol and you stay within the personal-use thresholds, you won’t have to pay excise duty in the EU country you are going to.

These rules do not apply for travellers under 17 years old, who are not allowed to carry alcohol or tobacco in any amounts.



If you want to travel between EU-Member Countries with 10.000 Euros or more in cash or the equivalent in another currency, you must check with the customs authorities in the countries you are leaving, entering and passing through whether you must declare it.

If you plan to enter or leave the EU with 10.000 Euros or more in cash (or its equivalent in other currencies) you must declare it to the customs authorities.   



Note :

This information is to be used as general guidelines and may not be updated to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities.






Upload file